We are hiring a Shipper/Receiver for our busy warehouse in Vaughan!
The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for receiving shipments, inspecting, labeling, putaway and stock rotation. It is necessary to understand the impact of this position to other business functions such as picking orders.
- Unload shipments, inspect for damage and sign paperwork upon receipt of goods.
- Compare purchase order in system with pack list.
- Label and report discrepancies/issues.
- Consolidate shipments, when possible, to make putaways easier, unstack shipments when material is stored vertically and work with receiving associates that perform putaways.
- Perform stock location changes in the system as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Assist with relocating stock from a bin location to another bin location.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness by sweeping work areas, dispose garbage/recycling daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Has a high attention to detail.
- Will be required to use a computer to receive shipments as well as send emails.
- Good physical condition.
- Professional appearance.
- Safety shoes.
- Work extra hours as required from time to time as well as some Saturdays.
- Will be required to work during our yearend inventory count.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments
- Unpack, label, and organize items in the warehouse
- Pick and pack orders accurately and efficiently
- Prepare packages for shipment, ensuring proper packaging and labeling
- Maintain inventory accuracy by conducting regular counts and reconciling discrepancies
- Operate warehouse equipment such as forklifts or pallet jacks, as needed
- Assist with general warehouse duties as assigned
- Familiarity with order picking and packing processes
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not required
- Basic math skills for inventory management and order fulfillment
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work in a physically demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
You deserve a job you love.
It’s easy! Fill in your phone number, email, and attach your resume. Our recruiters will get back to you as soon as they can.
You could be working as soon as tomorrow!
|Job Category||Manufacturing & Food/Beverage|